Mental Health Concerns
- Difficulty managing mood
- Excessive substance use
- Past trauma
- Low self-esteem
- Anger problems
- Existential crises
- Job burnout/Life burnout
- Attachment issues
- Feeling of emptiness
- Interpersonal problems
- Fear of rejection
- Substance Use Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Exposure and Response Prevention
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma
- Prolonged Exposure for Trauma
IMPROVE: Outpatient Substance Use Treatment Program
IMPROVE is an outpatient substance use treatment program that was developed to help patients meet their substance use recovery goals. IMPROVE is a once per week group, with an aftercare program available upon completion, that focuses on increasing or maintaining motivation as well as learning skills to help manage cravings. A Certificate of Completion will be provided at the end of your participation in the 12-week IMPROVE program. In addition to group programming, individual and family therapy are also services offered as part of the IMPROVE program. If interested in enrolling, contact Dr. Rubin Khoddam to schedule an initial consultation session to discuss what services will be best for your needs.
This program is ideal for (1) individuals who recently completed a residential treatment program, (2) individuals who are beginning to deal with issues related to excessive substance use, or (3) individuals who need ongoing maintenance to help keep themselves on track towards their goals. Please feel free to contact Dr. Khoddam to schedule an initial consultation.
- Couples and Family Therapy – The family system is a powerful unit that can be a profound agent of change for the individual in treatment. Dr. Khoddam is available to meet with couples and families to discuss ways of enhancing treatment and helping the patient further their goals outside of the therapeutic environment.
- Individualized Treatment Plan – Dr. Khoddam will meet with you individually and create a treatment plan specific to your needs. This may include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, or any combination thereof.
- Group Therapy – Weekly groups are offered that focus on enhancing or maintaining your motivation to meet your goals, providing relapse prevention skills, and tools to help you manage your cravings.
- Individual Therapy – Dr. Khoddam is invested in helping you do your life’s work, whether that be learning how to say “no”, deal with rejection, heal from past traumas, build meaningful relationships. He is trained in a variety of evidence-based practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma and can use these among other treatment modalities to help you along your journey.
Couples and Family Therapy
Individual and couple services, as described above, can also be provided via teletherapy if you are currently residing anywhere within California. An easy, secure HIPAA compliant video system will allow you to obtain services within the comfort of your own home and provides a unique therapeutic experience with Dr. Khoddam.
Dr. Khoddam periodically offers group therapy options besides those offered through IMPROVE. Groups include topics based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, as well as process groups. For information regarding group availability, please contact Dr. Khoddam.